Quintain launched in Ireland in October 2019 with plans to develop 9,000 new homes and 600,000 sq.ft. of commercial space in the Greater Dublin area. The company’s existing land portfolio covers 460 acres of prime assets in Ireland at Adamstown, Clonburris, Portmarnock, and Cherrywood, and when developed will make Quintain the third largest residential developer in the country.
We are pleased to announce that we are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join our Construction Delivery team based in Dublin. Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Full details of the role are set out below.
To be an efficient employer’s representative and proactive Quantity Surveyor, supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor, and being an integral part of the Quintain Construction team.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of commercial information by scrutinising commercial, legal and risk aspects of projects frequently from inception to completion.
- Preparation of cost data for complex projects accurately and swiftly at site purchase stage. Maintain database of historical cost information with deep understanding of inherent cost and value drivers.
- Review design development and cost control with the Development Team during pre-planning stage.
- Monitor Project Budgets and cost codes while maintaining auditable reference back to project appraisal.
- Value engineer and develop designs to tender ready status.
- Due diligence on all new consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Manage Part V agreement process for all sites.
- Administration of Main-Contracts.
- Capable of interrogating programmes and analysing their logic.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar type of organisation and a Chartered Quantity Surveying qualification
- An excellent attitude to work and team player is essential