Quintain is one of the largest mixed-use developers in Ireland, with a landbank that can accommodate over 9,000 residential units and almost 1m square feet of commercial space.
Reporting to our Construction Director, the role of Project Manager will form part of the Construction team based in Dublin. There will be the opportunity to work proactively and collaboratively with other members of the Quintain team to deliver what is a ground-breaking development. In conjunction with the dedicated construction team you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of vertical structure, critical infrastructure projects and delivery of real estate across the estate.
The role will involve close interaction with the development team, consultants and the real estate operations team. This will be key a role in ensuring that we meet our construction targets and is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious project manager.
Full details of the role are set out below.
To be an efficient employer’s representative and proactive project manager, supporting the Construction Director, and being an integral part of the Quintain Construction team.
- In conjunction with the Development Manager and team, you will have responsibility and leadership in the overall construction project planning, project accounting and control, technical direction and quality compliance, and design and construction of specified projects from inception through to closure.
- To be accountable for day to day delivery of the construction element of these projects within the set parameters of time, quality, cost and risk.
- To provide robust technical specifications and cost advice to assist our development managers as necessary.
- In respect of the specified construction projects, to manage, and be the day to day point of contact between, Quintain, external stakeholders and the design and construction teams.
- To be responsible for the formalisation of all relevant matters such as the recording of meetings, the execution of consultant appointments and building contracts, through to full and effective project handover.
- Set, update and review and amend project programme to monitor and control progress
- Ensure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures and maintain the risk register
- At all times adequately report on the allocated projects in a clear, concise and transparent manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Project Management or Construction degree with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. SCSI, RICS, APM, MCIOB) or alternatively be able to demonstrate qualification by relevant experience.
- Fully conversant with and experience of the Irish construction market obtained either from a contractor, consultancy or developer.
- Knowledge of Irish Contract Legislation and Building Regulations