Following a period of significant growth, the opportunity has arisen for an analyst to join the Corporate Finance team providing critical commercial support to both the Finance team and to key individuals across the wider business particularly on the Development and Construction teams. The role will have emphasis on business plan excel modelling, preparing management, shareholder and debt finance business plans and reporting, financial analysis/ scenario planning and monitoring of project performance across our live construction sites.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Supporting the Quintain finance team with the preparation of advanced excel models as part of business planning and strategy activities
- Preparing regular KPI based reports on development performance for all stakeholders including management, shareholder, and debt finance providers.
- Ad-hoc financial projects and financial analysis assignments with a focus on corporate finance and business planning
- Provide financial analysis support to other departments, handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business/ Real Estate Primary Degree with a strong financial background
- Highly numerate with advanced Excel Modelling / PowerPoint/ Report Writing skills
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in a professional services or commercial organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear demonstration of an ability to work independently while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in developing a career in corporate finance and real estate development
Core Competencies of the Role:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate with ability to apply these skills using advanced excel techniques
- Ability to critically analyse detailed financial plans, identifying key metrics and trends
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical problem solver who looks for solutions
- Self-motivated with ability to work unsupervised in a high growth environment
- Driven and ambitious
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise tasks appropriately