Quintain launched in Ireland in October 2019 with plans to develop 9,000 new homes and 600,000 sq.ft. of commercial space in the Greater Dublin area. The company’s existing land portfolio covers 460 acres of prime assets in Ireland at Adamstown, Clonburris, Portmarnock, and Cherrywood, and when developed will make Quintain the third largest residential developer in the country.
We are pleased to announce that we are currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join our team based in Dublin. Reporting to the Head of Construction, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for managing the entire commercial function from inception through to completion, across multiple projects at various stages of their development cycle.
Full details of the role are set out below.
To be an efficient employer’s representative and proactive Commercial Manager, supporting the Head of Construction, and being an integral part of the Quintain team.
- Ensure the accuracy and reliability of commercial information by scrutinising commercial, legal and risk aspects of projects frequently from inception to completion.
- Able to lead, monitor and guide the preparation of cost data for complex projects accurately and swiftly at site purchase stage.
- Maintain database of historical cost information with deep understanding of inherent cost and value drivers.
- Review design development and cost control with the Development Team during pre-planning stage.
- Establish and maintain Project Budgets with cost codes for monitoring while preserving auditable reference back to project appraisals and budgets from inception through to completion.
- Value engineer and develop designs through planning, detailed design and to tender ready status. Able to develop and promote innovative project procurement solutions, complemented with a suite of suitable arrangements
- Lead, recruit, develop and expansion of existing Commercial team
- Due diligence on all new consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers. Standardisation and timely delivery of all appointments and contract conditions.
- Manage Part V agreement process for all sites
- Interface with funding monitors
- Implementation of a verified, reliable and accurate, consolidated Monthly Division Report including Value Complete, Final Cost, Cost/Value, Risk and Cashflow reconciliation.
- Administration of appointments including Main Contracts.
- Capable of interrogating programmes and analysing their logic.
- Proven ability to lead multiple large-scale projects and a significant team across a complex business
- Agreements and overview of contractual disputes
- Positively represent the company at industry events and social occasions
Qualifications and Experience
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and possess excellent communication and organisational Skills
- Chartered Quantity Surveying qualification SCSI and/or RICS